Meet Michael Swan of Elite Physiotherapy
Michael Swan has extensive experience in private practice physiotherapy where he has worked for the last decade. His main areas of interest are the diagnosis and management of sports and musculoskeletal injuries.
Michael’s qualifications include:
- Masters in Physiotherapy
- Diploma in Sports Physical Therapy through the IOC (International Olympic Committee)
- Bachelor of Science (Sports Science).
Michael is the current head physiotherapist at South Fremantle Football Club (WAFL). A position he has held since October 2013 and has previously worked as the manual physiotherapist at the Western Force in 2016 (Super Rugby). Michael was also the WAFL state team physiotherapist in 2017, part of the team that won for the first time against the VFL.
Michael has an extensive background in sport. He played for the East Perth Football Club from 2003-2013 and was club captain for 7 years. Prior to that he was at the Sydney Swans in 2001-2002. Since retiring from football Michael has taken up other interests including running, cycling, skiing and Stand Up Paddle boarding. He completed his first half marathon this year in a respectable time of 1 hour 44 minutes.
Elite Physiotherapy WA clinic provides a variety of services, if you’re unsure if we can treat something, just contact us and we’ll let you know.
- Muscle strain and tears
- Ligament strains and tears
- Joint sprains and dysfunction
- Tendon injuries- acute and overuse
- Sports Physical Therapy Diagnosis & management of athletic injuries including injury prevention programs
- Pre-& post-operative treatment including exercise programs
- Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy – back and neck pain
- Pre-habilitation, rehabilitation & exercise programs for returning to sport, full function & improved lifestyle
- Massage therapy
To book an appointment contact Michael on 0431 722 377 or via the website.
Elite Physiotherapy is a clinic that aims to deliver superior physiotherapy services through accurate diagnosis and latest evidenced based intervention programs.
Gym Opening Hours
Monday – Thursday
5.30am to 8.30pm
5.30am to 7.00pm
6.30am to 4.00pm
8.00am to 2.00pm
Supervised Free Creche Opening Hours
Monday – Friday
9.00am to 11.00am